Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Stuck

St. John the Baptist Parish re-opened this morning. But who would want to go? No power, no water, no sewage, no parish services, no stores open, no gas stations operational, no medical services available, no one out of their home past 8 pm or before 6 am. Thanks but no thanks. I consider myself the outdoors type, but I draw the line at miserable. Part of me thinks that it is irresponsible for parish leaders to re-open these areas in the condition they are in. However, the other part of me recognizes the role of individual responsibility in this process. I'm not about to ask Jaime to sweat it out in an empty house with no ability to bath or feed ourselves just so we can "go home." That means that we'll most likely be here in Mangham for then next day or two. We, like so many others, are doing our best to make the most of it.

No comments: