Friday, October 12, 2007

Paying My Respects


Its a little known fact that visitors are not allowed out of the state of Wisconsin until they have made a pilgrimage to Lambeau Field in Green Bay. No fan base is more loyal and die hard than Packer fans. Even a lifelong Saints fan like myself has to admit this (they only edge us out by a little bit). I watched the local newscast my first night in Wisconsin and was amazed at how they tied almost every news story, even the weather, to the upcoming Packers - Bears game on Sunday. Wisconsin eats, sleeps, and breaths Packers football all year long. After all, they own the team. So I wasn't surprised when I was offered a trip to Lambeau Field and the Packers' Hall of Fame. If you're a fan of pro football, you really owe it to yourself to swing by Lambeau Field regardless of who you root for on Sundays in the Fall. The stadium is open year round and is one of the most impressive football venues I've visited. There's a lot of history and great football that's come out of Lambeau and its worth seeing. I got to see three of the four Vince Lombardi trophies (the first two weren't named for Vince), a site that eludes us Saints fans for now. There is also a lot of historic Packer memorabilia for the history buff. I didn't buy a cheese head while I was there, but I did parade around the stadium in my Drew Brees jersey just to make it clear where I call home.

No comments: