Friday, March 13, 2009

A Great Time in East-Central Louisiana

I just returned from an On Mission Celebration for the OuachitaBaptist Association and it was a blessing.  I enjoy spending time with fellow believers and sharing with them what God is doing in the New Orleans area.  I also enjoy the ridiculous amount of delicious food that's placed before me.  That reminds me, time to hit the gym.  One of my favorite things about OMCs is spending time with the other missionaries and talking shop.  We have the best strategy sessions at these things and I think we all go back to our places of ministry with a fresh perspective on certain things.  

More respite than time off, OMCs offer a welcome break from our daily routine.  We get to step back and share the big picture of God's work in our area, something that can get overshadowed when on the field.  It lifts us up just to remember and tell all He has done.  We are also served and cared for by the most precious saints around.  The churches that host these events don't know how much we take away from these OMCs ourselves.  The benefit is defiantly mutual.  

No comments: